Seventh District Republican Convention
Since Tina Ramirez announced, she has been running a focused race to take back our district from Abigail Spanberger. This is the moment we’ve been waiting for!
The Convention where we will vote to make Tina our Republican nominee is THIS SATURDAY, starting at 8 AM at the Meadow Event Park! Please read the memo below on when to arrive, what to bring and what to expect:
Among other amenities, the Tina Ramirez campaign has booked out the lobby of a nearby hotel – The Country Inn & Suites (16250 International St, Doswell 23047) – where there will be AC and a room for people who need it. We will provide continuous transport to and from the hotel to the convention site all day, and we are committed to keeping you cool, safe and comfortable for the whole process.
The Convention – July 18 at Meadow Event Park
This is a walk-in convention with up to 3 rounds of voting. We will walk into the Farm Bureau building to vote and stay outside when not voting. In between rounds, the Tina Ramirez Campaign is committed to keeping you cool, safe, and comfortable.
- 7 AM: Breakfast with Tina at the Country Inn & Suites Hotel
- 8-11 AM: The first round of voting & registration
- Delegates arriving after 11 AM will NOT be credentialed
- So plan to arrive no later than 9:30 AM, to allow for parking/traffic difficulties.
- 11 AM – Nomination: After the first round of voting, delegates will wait outside while the ballots are counted. It may take up to 2 more rounds to nominate a candidate, so voting will probably finish by mid-late afternoon.
What to bring
- Identification (required to vote)
- Facemask (highly recommended)
- Your cell phone (so we can reach you and give updates throughout the day)
- Chairs/tents/umbrellas (optional)
- Sunscreen (optional)
- Snacks/water (optional)
- While outside, Tina’s campaign is prepared to provide:
- Big tents (on-site) to get out of the sun and relax
- A hotel lobby (down the road) with AC
- Transportation to and from the hotel
On-site, there will also be:
- Food for purchase
- Parking (a short walk from the Farm Bureau building)
- Is there curbside/drive-through voting? Unfortunately, no – not at this time.
- Can I vote without an ID? No. You need to bring a photo-ID.
- Can I send a proxy to vote in my place? Unfortunately, no – only credentialed delegates who are present may vote.
- Can I come for just the first round, or leave and then come back? Yes! And the more rounds you are present to vote for Tina, the more likely Tina is to win.
- Can a non-delegate come with me? Yes, they just can’t vote.
- Can I volunteer for Tina at the convention? YES! Call Sarah Ball at 804-539-7040.
- What exit do I take from I-95? Take Exit 98 and drive East on Route 30. The Farm Bureau building will be on the Left. Address is 13191 Dawn Blvd, Doswell, VA 23047.
If you have questions, please call Addison at 540-212-9417. Thank you!